Sunday, September 17, 2006

Rambling News Anchor

So I'm currently participating in about 5 swaps on swap-bot, which is definitely counter-productive to my whole "I have no time" situation, but I can't help it. I'm excited to make all of the stuff (As I'm typing I'm waiting for the paper to dry for the handmade journal I'm doing) and equally excited to get stuff back in return. And I'm tempted to sign up for more. It is quite a paradox.

Also, my new battery from the Dell recall came, so now I can safely use my laptop again. Not that I ever stopped using it. I got the email saying it had just been shipped the same day it arrived, so obviously Dell does not have all their operations in synch quite yet. But that's okay, because I never have all of my operations in synch and they're a huge company. I might have to bother them again soon though, because the "i" key of my laptop broke off and now it's just the tiny suction cup-esque thing that I have to press and it's very annoying and doesn't always work.

In other news, I received another Bookmooch book in the mail yesterday, and I'm tremendously excited. It's Bram Stoker's Dracula, and I haven't even finshed Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451 quite yet (almost, my reading keeps getting interrupted or I would have finished the first day). It's amazing how prompt the bookmooch kiddies are, while I still haven't received anything from the Flat Stanley Swap. My partner was very appreciative of the package I sent, I'm excited to see what she sends back.

Alas, now I have to go put together a two-minute mini presentation on some aspect of the Interpreter of Maladies for English, pre-write a 300 word essay (in French) on Asterix le Gaulois and possibly start my lab report for IB Enviro. Meh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home